Monday, June 14, 2004

Jayco 12SO Lift Problems

An online reader has the following problems with his popup. We did have some problems with our roof when we left the hinges on but nothing I can't think of happening normally....

Send me e-mail if you know a solution or have hints.

The reader writes....

My wife and I just purchased a 1999 Jayco 12SO last week. When we went to go check out the trailer, it lifted with no problems and when we brought it home, I also lifted it up with the crank with no problems. We packed up the trailer for a big trip this coming weekend, and when I was cranking the top down, I tried to lift it up a little to push some of the tenting material under the roof, but it stopped lifting and seemed to jam. I have put the top down all the way, thinking that was the problem, but it still jams after lifting the roof only about three inches. It stops making the clicking noise and it becomes extremely difficult to turn. (I don't want to break anything, so I haven't tried too hard, but it doesn't want to turn at all.) I tried to see if something was stuck to the roof, but I couldn't see anything and I even manually lifted the corners to see if they would all move, which they did. I don't know what to do. I have tried to contact the seller, but they haven't returned my call yet, but I was just wondering if I've done something wrong when I collapsed the trailer.


Please help! Has this happened to you? Did I do something wrong when I collasped the trailer (for the first time)? Thank you for your time and consderation.

No comments: