Thursday, July 15, 2004

Camping with newborns....

Lauren writes.....

Well we survived... We took Brianne camping for the week at papoose pond. She was 5 weeks when started our voyage. She managed not to wake anyone except for me during those every two hour feedings. I do nurse her but sometimes bottle feed. I found it easier to put the powder formula in a bottle and just add the water when she was hungry. I asked our neighbors if they heard her and they said they didnt. We also had her sleep with us to minimize on the noise!!!

Lauren and her family camps in a popup camper.

Like I said in an earlier post...

Cameron was great to camp with this past weekend. He woke up several times but understood that bottle was coming once you attended to him. The camper was messier this time around though with bottles here and there. Powder is better if you are going out somewhere and just want to mix room temp+ water. Otherwise if you are going to stay put then I probably would go with the pre-mix stuff and not worry about boiling water in the camper. Send me e-mail if you have more input...


No comments: