Monday, August 14, 2006

New Internet Service at Danforth Bay

The wireless service this summer at Danforth Bay has been spotty and very unreliable. Unless of course, you pack things up and make a trip up to the Family Lounge at the Depot. I always hate doing this because I feel such like a nerd!!! LOL! This year however I've bumped into several vacationers who rely on the internet service to get their jobs done. In fact one woman booked a site for 5 weeks because she knew she could work online.

The good news (I hope)! There appears to be a new wireless service that is currently being installed through out the park today. I saw the workers up on top of Pascoe study, up near the depot, and near the Purity Spring Bathhouse (yes this is a new location for Intenet). The service on the truck is called nomaDisp. An article that I found on the internet is posted below.

Here at Danforth, from what I gather you have to create an account and have free access for 3 days. For people here a week or more I hope that this will be corrected. Sort of like some of the hotels in the area use. I'll let you know if this is going to continue like this or was the original setup of this service.

Anyways... it is good to be online by the fire!

Article on Nomadisp

No comments: