Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Speeding....

*** BUMP -- due to comments ***

Late this past Saturday evening at Danforth Bay, I was walking the dogs with my daughter near my site and out of nowhere a speeding car turned the corner, swerved, and came very close to hitting us. The driver then proceeded to rush up the hill going well over the posted speed limit of 7MPH. We were a little taken back but AOK.

A few minutes later the same car rushed down the hill! I yelled "SLOW DOWN" with absolutely no reaction but fortunatley our favorite DBCR security guard was turning the corner and went chasing after the young driver and later gave him a lecture and lesson on how dangerous it is to drive in a campground with that is nearly full.

I later found out that Danforth Bay may be putting in NEW speed bumps but they may be delayed the grading job was unsatisifactory to the campground and since then the excess water from the severe storms has caused many of the roads to be in repair.

We have noticed from our site a number of "speeders". It is really concerning because we have 1 small child and other older children that are allowed to roam the park. With the campground now filled with LOTS kids running around, people on bicycles, walkers, etc. I have become more cautious when driving my car to my site or driving my golf cart around and obey the posted speed limit rules
It you are on vacation then SLOW DOWN on everything. I learned this on Ossipee Lake Road where I nearly escaped a speeding ticket (going 53 in a 30 MPH zone). The Freedom cops target this area. I've learned to SLOW down and enjoy the scenery and great weoods

3 comments:

T. Oklahoma Bandwagon said...

Mr. Pascoe, owner of the campsite when it was known as Shawtown Campground, is turning over in his grave. If anyone ever sped along those dirt roads, he/she would be summarily given a good talkin'-to, and thereupon, tossed from the camping grounds with a stern warning never to even THINK about returning. I defy anyone to come up with the name of anyone who thought about it.

I enjoy your blog posts about Danforth Bay, with a measure of bittersweet longing for camping days at Shawtown.

Bob said...

Yes... Speeding is a problem in the early season but Danforth Bay security and speed bumps helps with this!

Thanks for the nice words. Have you camped at the campground since it has become "Danforth Bay"?

Anonymous said...

Hello!