Saturday, August 21, 2010

Plain & Fancy Restaurant Review

*** As seen on TripAdvisor and Yelp!!! ***

We just finished an excellent Aaron & Jessica's Farm Tour buggy ride and were hungry and decided to stop in at the Plain & Fancy restaurant (right next door) in Bird in Hand, PA

We were all hungry for sure and this place did not disappoint!

My wife and I had the roast beef dinner special for $10.95. Delicious tenderly cooked roast beef topped with a delicious brown gray was served. Very excellent!!! Roast beef was tender. Extra gravy was provided for the REAL mashed potatoes. Not to mention a scrumptous bread stuffing! For my second side (included in the price) I had a fresh crispy garden salad with delicious cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions on topped of mixed greens. For beverage I had a glass of the local Lancaster beer (I like to try the local flavor out).

Our servers were probably not Amish by any means of the imagination. Service was thorough and was excellent! After ordering a basket of hot piping buns were served with a sweet and very good apple butter (real farm fresh butter is available as well).

My daughter had the hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes (it came with a bit of cranberry sauce). She really enjoyed every bite! It looked good and it is something that I would of ordered. My son enjoyed the crispy spicy nuggetts.

They put us in a side room which was very plain and if you needed to use the restroom it was quite a distance shared with the gift shop! They could use some more decos.

The value was excellent... With the 10% discount it was only $50 (not including tax). Everyone was full.. I was ready for a nap!

No comments: