Sunday, December 12, 2010

Harrows Chicken Pie

My wife instructed me to head to Harrow's in Reading, MA after church and bring home a big FRESH chicken pie with potatoes and carrots. I also got some rolls and a blueberry pie. I've passed this place many times in the early 90s but never once eat a pie from there. It was very popular in her family.

I brought it home and put in a preheated over at 375. I made up some mashed potatoes, squash, and some cranberry sauce. I'm not a big chicken pie fan (the ones you get a supermarkets) but boy was this one good! Lots of juicy pieces of shredded chicken, big pieces potatoes, and small little cut carrots. The jumbo pie cost about $20.00 and this feeds a family of 5 or 6. We had left overs which we will have for dinner. The crust was very good as well (not terribly thick just the right texture). The rolls were out of this world as well.

I even found nutritional information on SparkPeople.com my new favorite social network for helping you track your nutrtion. Although I'm not sure if the sodium count is right here.

I don't believe they have a restaurant (I didn't see one). They also have potatoes, squash, and other side dishes.

SparkPeople Chicken Pie

No comments: