Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chunky's Movies

Tonight we visited Chunky's in Pelham, NH for dinner and a movie.

Dinner:
- I had the chicken quesadilla's and unfortunately the chicken was under cooked and the tortilla around it was overcooked even burnt in some areas. I have not liked other dinner items that I've had.
- My wife ordered tea but never got sugar or a spoon. It toook me asking two "waiters" before I was handed two sugar packets and a plastic stirrer.
- The waiters were really busy and never checked on us after the meal was served.
- The meal was served during the movie in the dark (although I'm sure if we got their early enough we could have eaten before the movie)
- My wife and had the chicken finger/fries plate. This was good.

Movie:
- We saw the Green Hornet in 3D. Chunky's (like other theaters) charges $3 extra for 3D which comes with glasses in packages. I think this movie would have been just as good without the 3D. In fact I thought the 3D made it a bit dim.
- It was a good B movie action flick. Although understand who's who was a bit confusing. If they cleaned up the language a bit this could probably be a PG movie.
- This time around the soundtrack quality and the movie was in Chunky's was really good condition. My wife and I saw Alice in Wonderland here and it had an annoying repetitive bubble appearing in the upper right hand corner.

Overall, a good time but definately not fine dining. I may go for movie and a desert next time.

No comments: