Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Popup Trailer Roof Support

Good post for discussion. I got this message from my web site today about roof support. Anyone have any opinions? I know when we had roof problems because of a snapped cable the roof wouldn't go up correctly but it certaintly didn't fall on anyone.

What about, not sure how many stories are out there on this, the roof collapsing. Is / are there any suggestions on this? For instance, can something be purchased that can be placed inside of the camper, once the roof is up, that will act as a backup system in case the cables decide to give?

I am sure something can be made or built, if just a regular piece of steel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a Rockwood Pop-up that we loved. While roof support was never a concern, it did come with two long "C-channel" metal bars that fit over two of the four extending legs holding up the roof. I never needed them, but I didn't see any other reason for them. Very sensible.