Monday, July 17, 2006

Going Seasonal: Monday AM Commute

Well this was the 1st week that I did the commute from Danforth Bay to/from my place of employment.

On Friday afternoon, I left around 230PM (from the Burlington area) and traveled up I95. The traffic was GREAT. None! I got up to Danforth within 2 hours and time included stopping for the "cheap" gas in Wakefield, NH (25 cents per gallon less than the average Mass prices).

This morning, like clockwork, I woke up at 5AM. The night before I decided I need to make up some walking that I didn't do because of a motorized vechile (that I will talk about in another post). Austin wanted to go on the walk as well so I carefully woke him up. His sister wanted to go as well but she wasn't moving even after a few pokes and prods. Austin and I took a casual walk up Main St. Danforth Bay through the ballfield. Not a soul in site. We headed over to the ball field area. Did you know they have sprinklers on the ball field? We then ventured up to the Bluffs at Danforth Bay. Austin was a little bit cautious about heading up because he was too young. I assured him it would be fine. We took a nice walk up through the hills. The temp was nice in the low 70s and their was plenty of daylight (if this becomes a tradition this might be a problem in late August). We even saw the sun rise over one of the rolling hills of the Bluffs. Austin and I joked about which site Patty and I would like to have when we hit the current requirement age (of 50 or rather NO children living at home). That makes it about 16+ years or whenever our youngest leaves us (not that we are counting). Hopefully the waiting list won't be as long as it is to get into Danforth Bay!

There was definatley more activity in the main part of the campground when we returned. Lots of dog walkers and morning joggers. We got back to our site at 6:15AM and I quickly got ready for work (without waking up the others which is amazing in itself being in a camper). I hesitantly left the campground around 645AM for my 2 hour journey. I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts in Ossipee. These establishments are NOT AS QUICK as the ones we have here in Mass. I think I waited at least 15 minutes in line. My patience level was fine until I hit the Mass state line! Traffic was fine until I hit Rt 128 in Peabody. What a mob scene -- I kept saying " Isn't anyone on vacation or playing hooky to go to the beach today?"

Now Danforth Bay is too far for me to commute each day but leaving Monday morning gets me to work more or less on time and the NO SUNDAY checkout is definately a benefit of being seasonal!

No comments: