Wednesday, October 03, 2007

NH Tolls are going up!

I heard on the radio today that NH tolls are going up!

$1.50 now on I95 (Hampton Tolls)
$1.o0 now at I93 Hookset
$.75 now at Rochester tolls (NH16)
$.75 now at Dover tolls (NH16)

The I95 toll is way too expensive (but NH you voted for this)! I would whole-heartdly support the Rochester/Dover toll increase if the 4 lane hi-way was expanded through the city and into Farmington.

My round trip to Danforth Bay now just more costly! $6.00 vs. $4.00 per car (with out towing). However, I really feel bad for those that travel this way daily back and forth to work! Especially with gas prices as high as they are!

For those of you looking for NEW routes to Danforth Bay:

* I93 to NH 28 to NH 16
-- Pros: shorter mileage; scenic drive; FREE
-- Cons: 20 minutes extra traveling time; get behind someone driving slow and your doomed; Towing a little bit more difficult

* I93 to NH 101 to NH 125 to NH 16
-- Pros: FREE; Better for towing!
-- Cons: 20-30 minutes extra traveling time; no passing lanes on NH125

No comments: