Friday, September 05, 2008

Traveling in Boston tips

Well it has been a while since I've been in Boston (use to go their daily for school on the "T") and now three times this week (2 personal / 1 business travel) and there has been some changes.

Here are some *NEW* lessons learned.

- If you are parking at the MBTA ("the T") parking lot, bring cash and small bills. Wellington and Oak Grove (on the Orange line) have non gargage parking lots for those with tops on their cars. I'm not sure about Alewife on the Red line.


- Tokens are gone! Bring cash or debit/credit card to purchase a "Charlie Card". You can pre-load it once for the number of trips you are going to take. Although the credit/debit card machine wasn't working for me today so cash is better!

- Other than the fare increase and methods to pay nothing else has changed much on the T in the last 20 years since I started my daily commute to NU. No new trains, no improved stations, etc.

- If you are using Logan Airport, for pickups now at Logan, bring a cell phone!! MassPort requires that the limo or your pick up now be called 1st instead of parking in front of the terminal. They can't wait for you! Makes me want to fly into Manchester, NH even more so -- even if I have to wait!

No comments: