Monday, March 08, 2010

Cranmore Tubing



This winter we went tubing at Mt. Cranmore in North Conway, NH which is definately one of my favorite skiing locales for its long ski slopes with varying difficulty, high speed quad, and great views of Mt. Washington and the presidential range. Not to mention its is in a VERY convenient location! This year we decided to go snow tubing here instead of skiing. This worked well as my 5 year old (who isn't ready for skiing) could join in on the fun.

Tubing is $22 for 2 hours at Cranmore (a bit pricey when compared to King Pine ($15) and Pat's Peak ($16) and to speak the truth I can't say much about either of the competition slopes). Check with your hotel as I was able to get a discount tickets from our local lodging facility(cash only).



Cranmore does have two separate runs (with about 3 to 4 lanes each) with beautiful views (which may justify its slightly higher price). We arrived around 1030 and the second uppper run was just being opened.

There are plenty of tubes in your choice of blue or red to choose from. The staff is great and really friendly. They will help you get off spinning if so desired. I always said strait but ended up spinning anyways. Fortunately it is very minor so you won't get motion sick. Also will help you setup your tube for the lift. You can double up tubes. At one point all 4 of us went down. Now that was interesting!

The lines are very long here on a busy Saturday but tolerable. If you don't have to wait in line for the lift (about 5 minutes or so) then you will have to wait up at top. They may really consider how many people they allow on the course (or do better ticket checking). You of course can walk if up if you don't want to wait in line.

Overall tubing was fun but i think I prefer skiing better. I really did enjoy the pictures that I got so that was a big bonus for me. :->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.