Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bluffs at Danforth Bay Update

We met up with Bill the security guard who is now residing at Danforth Bay for the winter. He told us that the Bluffs at Danforth Bay was making great progress and to check it out!

Since the weather today was gorgeous (sweater weather for us true New Englanders), we took him up on his offer! After parking the car in the ballfield we took a nice walk through the Bluffs after checking out of the cabins and cleaning out our camper (in storage).

We found that the clubhouse is really coming along nicely. I took a peak inside and found it to be well insulated. On the outside they are starting to put up a nice maroon siding. Different from the DBCR brown siding used on many of their buildings. The tennis courts appear to be completed (minus the net -- at this time) and quite large! If I was going to be a camper there I guess I would be inclinded to learn tennis. Although, I guess I have no excuse since Danforth Bay installed new tennis courts this past fall. Take stock in tennis balls!!!

I didn't see any totally completed sites and the road was rough in places. Although I did NOT walk through the entire campground. The telephone poles are up to serve electricity through the park. Bill said that the town was upgrading the electricity through here and DBCR. I did see a worker's van travel the entire road through so the entrance road must be in good shape.

Well... if you want to see more then check out my pictures that I took today:

Bluffs at Danforth Bay - March 2006

No comments: