Monday, March 13, 2006

Going Seasonal ... Putting up a shed

With the weather being so unseasonably warm on Friday and Saturday this really motivated us to head up to Danforth Bay to put up a shed and do some overall site cleaning. Even though the snow is 100% gone here in N. Mass (for quite some time now), I wasn't quite sure it would be all gone up in North Country. I had called DBCR and they said they had 1-2" of new snow on the ground but warm weather was coming. I was a little bit tense about this but we found a fairly level place to put the shed on our site that wasn't covered with snow.

The instructions for the Rubbermaid Big Max (7x7) shed that we bought at the Home Depot in Tilton, NH (S. Nashua was out of them) state that it takes about one hour for two people to put it up. For the most part, I completed the setup and installation by myself in about 3-4 hours! I'm sure if I had to do it again it would only take me 2 hours ;-> LOL! There were several occasions where I needed Patty or Austin's help. Installing the roof into the grove was the most difficult part. Most of this is a snap into place shed with very little screws (about 50). I know this shed would not survive the mildest of hurricanes but at Danforth Bay that is probably very rare of happening.

Pictures to this story is located here:
Shed Pictures

Also this product is very large and REQUIRES a truck for delivery from your local Home Depot or other fine reatiler. We rented one from UHaul. Not cheap. I would have went for the Home Depot delivery truck but there isn't one available in the Ossipee Lake Region area.

No comments: